I serendipitously found this Mango Ice Cream recipe on YouTube.com. These South Asian ladies (Indian) had this tasty, creamy, yet not-very-fattening recipe for Mango Ice Cream.For Filipino ice-cream lovers, yes, according to Paz Fernan Shepherd, "Yummy!!! Better than Magnolia or Selecta. My family and friends just love it!"
Thank you to ShowMeTheCurry.com for this recipe.
From their website: "This wonderful Mango Ice Cream recipe was submitted by Vani Sudarshan, from Dallas. It is unbelievably easy and so very delicious. We are grateful to Vani for sharing it with all of us."
Mango Pulp - 30 oz can
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 14 oz can
Whipped Topping - 8 oz container
Fresh Mango - cubed, optional
1. In a big bowl pour in the Mango Pulp, Condensed Milk and the Whipped Topping.
2. Fold them in very well but very gently.
3. Pour into a dish with a tight fitting lid.
4. Cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, mix in the cubed Mango pieces and return dish to the freezer.
6. Allow it to freeze for another 3 hours or so.
7. Serve and enjoy!
1. Fresh Mango plup can be substituted for the can.
2. Add in Tutti-fruiti, nuts, saffron or cubes of cake for a variation.
3. Great make-ahead dessert.